It is not much of a surprise by now that WWE Diva Kaitlyn will be getting married to his fiancee PJ Braun. Here is a video footage of how Braun had proposed to her.
Saturday, 28 December 2013
As reported earlier on this blog, WWE's edition of Tribute to the Troops 2013 featuring Chris Daughtry and Jeff Dunham is to be aired tonight 28th December. Here are the matches results:
- Mark Henry and Big E Langston defeated Ryback and Curtis Axel
- Daniel Bryan defeated Eric Rowan via disqualification when Luke Harper interfered in the match. CM Punk came out to even the number and this made Vickie Guerrero restart the match as a tag team match. Once again, Bray Wyatt interfered in the match but John Cena came out for the save to extend the match into a six-man tag team match. The face team won. After the match, Cena delivered a speech to the troops
- The Primetime Players defeated 3MB
- The Usos and Rey Mysterio defeated The Shield
- In a Divas Battle Royal, Brie Bella won by eliminating AJ Lee
- Kofi Kingston defeated Dolph Ziggler
- R-Truth defeated Fandango
Monday, 23 December 2013
WWE sources revealed over the weekend that The Undertaker has agreed to wrestle at WrestleMania XXX. While WWE were optimistic that he would be wrestling on the 30th anniversary show, the official word came within the past week.
With WrestleMania just over 3 months away, there is still no opponent currently locked in to challenge his streak though there has been talk of Brock Lesnar or Batista.
Batista has been rumoured to make a comeback at next year's Royal Rumble in what is said to be a ‘close to full time’ short-term deal that will keep him part of WWE storylines beyond WrestleMania XXX. Batista vs The Undertaker in a WrestleMania 23 rematch at WrestleMania 30 could therefore be a possibility.
Saturday, 21 December 2013
WWE Superstar John Cena has been appointed as Team Captain of Fruity Pebbles in a quest to defeat Cocoa Pebbles Team, captained by Professional Basketball Player Kyrie Irving, as the most popular cereal among fans.
Here is an official annoucement from the organisers:
WWE® Superstar John Cena® Appointed Captain of Team Fruity; Professional Basketball Player Kyrie Irving to Lead Team Cocoa
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Dec. 20, 2013 — /PRNewswire/ — Today, Post Foods, LLC, launched a friendly competition between Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles to see which cereal is most popular among fans. Online and mobile competitions from January through September 2014 will rally support for each flavor. WWE Superstar John Cena returns to the front of Post Fruity Pebbles cereal boxes and will serve as captain for Team Fruity. Professional Basketball All Star Kyrie Irving will take his long-time love for Cocoa Pebbles to the next level by appearing on Post Cocoa Pebbles cereal boxes as captain of Team Cocoa.
In 2014, Pebbles will ask fans of all ages to choose a side – are you on Team Fruity or Team Cocoa? Fans can declare their love for their favorite Pebbles flavor by visiting a microsite and downloading an interactive app encouraging fans to vote, take photos, and play minigames. They will be asked to complete simple challenges such as making team spirit items like pennants out of Pebbles boxes, and sharing them through Instagram using their team’s hashtag (#TeamFruity or #TeamCocoa). Fans who complete these online missions and choose a side will be able to win prizes like giftcards, iPads, or John Cena and Kyrie Irving signed merchandise.
“Our 2014 campaign builds upon the genuine love that our fans have for Pebbles cereal,” said Sharon Pupel, Marketing Director at Post Foods, LLC. “We are enlisting celebrities, sports stars, musicians and regular kids to share with us their love for Pebbles, and we’re starting with WWE Superstar John Cena and basketball all-star Kyrie Irving. With the help of our team captains, kids will be able to show their team spirit and earn fun prizes along the way.”
In addition to adding famous team captains to the Pebbles roster, the brand is expanding its social media presence beyond Facebook to Twitter and Instagram. In their roles as team captains, John Cena and Kyrie Irving will announce new missions digitally and interact with fans online.
When Pebbles fans choose a side, they will also be supporting their team captain’s nonprofit organization. Cena, Team Fruity members and WWE, will be raising awareness for Hire Heroes USA, an organization dedicated to creating job opportunities for US military veterans and their spouses through personalized employment training and corporate engagement.
“It’s truly an honor to add ‘team captain’ for Fruity Pebbles to my resume and support Hire Heroes USA while doing so,” said WWE Superstar John Cena. “Kyrie is a tough competitor on the court, but let’s see how he does in this competition. He better be ready for Team Fruity.”
Team Cocoa members will be helping Kyrie reach out to middle schools, high schools and the larger community to help educate people about the unique skills and needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through the nonprofit, Best Buddies.
“I’ve loved Cocoa Pebbles since I was a kid, and am thrilled to have the opportunity to lead this team off the basketball court,” said 2011 Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving. “As the team captain for Cocoa Pebbles, I hope to take our fans to the championship and show John Cena and Team Fruity which team really rocks.”
Friday, 20 December 2013
The following are the taping results of WWE Smackdown held at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas and which will be aired on TV on Friday, December 27.
- The Show kicks off with John Cena in ring hyping tonight's Smackdown and cutting a promo about Randy Orton and a rematch. The Shield attacked him but Mark Henry and Big E Langston came out for the save
- Luke Harper and Eric Rowan defeated Jey and Jimmy Uso
- Antonio Cesaro defeated Cody Rhodes
- The Primetime Players defeated Rybaxel
- Randy Orton defeated Dolph Ziggler
- Daniel Bryan defeated Damien Sandow. After the match, The Wyatt Family came out and cuts a promo
- Big E Langston defeated Dean Ambrose
- Roman Reigns defeated Mark Henry
- John Cena defeated Seth Rollins
Thursday, 19 December 2013
WWE taped the January 8, 2014 edition of WWE Main Event episode from the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas. Here are full WWE Main Event spoilers:
- Goldust defeated Jack Swagger
- The Bella Twins and Natalya defeated AJ Lee, Aksana and Tamina Snuka
- Fandango defeated Kofi Kingston
- In the Dark Match, Los Matadores defeated El Locales
WWE taped the December 20 edition of Smackdown from the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas. Here are the major highlights and match results as it went down:
- Smackdown kicks off with Randy Orton, John Cena and Daniel Bryan in ring confronting each other. CM Punk and The Shield joins in the conversation. Vickie Guerrero stepped out to announce The Shield vs Cena, Bryan and Punk as the main event for the night
- Big E Langston defeated Jack Swagger
- Brie Bella defeated Tamina Snuka
- Sin Cara defeated Drew McIntyre
- Tensai defeated Brodus Clay. After the match, Clay attacked Tensai and Xavier Woods came out for the save
- Eric Rowan and Luke Harper defeated Cody Rhodes and Goldust in a non-title match. Cody got attacked further after the match and Daniel Bryan came out for the save. With the numbers even now, the match was restarted as a six man tag team match. Bryan grabs the win for his team
- Damien Sandow defeated The Miz
- Fandango defeated Kofi Kingston
- Backstage, The Wyatts went away with Daniel Bryan
- The main event is now a handicap match of Cena and Punk against The Shield. The Shield lost by Disqualification as they kept beating up Punk without making a tag. Big E Langston came out for the save and clears the ring